First it matters whether the fuel came from a Boiling Water Reactor (like Fukushima was, and like dozens of operating reactors in the USA are) or from a Pressurized Water Reactor.
Second, it matters the degree of fuel "burn up". The more burn up the fuel gets, the more radiation and nasty elements it will have. It will also produce more heat after it is done fissioning. So it will require greater time to dry cask, and greater care in making sure the cooling systems are sized correctly and have adequate backup.
And finally, in the case of Fukushima, the rates of heat production are GREATLY determined by whether there is ongoing fission. We strongly believe that there has been ongoing fission in the underground Coria. There are repeated example of local radiation levels going up after the Coria are jostled by earthquakes. Then 3 to 7 days later, elevated readings in the USA are noted.
Here if the NRC guidance:
And here is a sample table
I am getting ready for 1.5 months of solid solar design and build out, so no time to play geek with the numbers. If anyone has time, crank up a spreadsheet an email it to me. I will post it up on the site here. Take the meltout estimated KG and apply wattage.
1 Watt = 3.412 BTU/Hour
1 Watt running for 1 hour = 3.412 BTU
1 BTU is the energy needed to heat 1 pound of water one degree Fahrenheit
Any geeks out there?
I will also be reporting in the next several weeks with airline Geiger videos and testing of Pacific Ocean Waters and air samples.
- Troll Jousting
- Radiation Preparation Resources
- Radiation Decorporation Resources
- Carrington Event and Astronomy
- Largest Lies of Nuke
- Nuke Accidents Civilian and Military 99 since 195...
- Videos, Moderated Prompt Criticality, real test by...
- Gundersen Email and Theories
- Conversions and Safety Limits
- Links Including Rad Maps
- Manifesto - Action Plan
- List of Reactors
- Pictures - High Quality
- Manifesto - Why Shut Them Down
- Renewable and Energy Efficiency
- Prepper/Survival Resources
- Uranium Aerosolized Into Atmosphere
- Chernobyl, How Real Men Fight a Nuke Diasaster
- Hormesis Is a Lie, Radiation that does not kill yo...
- Baseline is Just One Of The Lies