hmmmm, is this really complicated or not?
400,000 lbs divided by 12 = 33,000.
400,000 lbs of spent fuel, with at least .9% plutonium, thats 4000 lbs of plutonium.
Divided by about 12 pounds to make a nuke bomb.
33,000 Bomb equivalent.
Now lets make a really conservative estimate that it won't be as bad a a bomb....5% as bad.
Not sure a "scrambled egg" nuke fire would be equivalent to a nuke bomb, but it is certainly within reason to think that the releases could be 5% of a nuke bomb minimal. That would be like 600 bombs.
They are criminals for not already de-loaded this pool no matter how hot the rods are, no matter what the risk of even dropping a rod with a remote crane. Asshats!
Or as Busby did say F-Twits
- Troll Jousting
- Radiation Preparation Resources
- Radiation Decorporation Resources
- Carrington Event and Astronomy
- Largest Lies of Nuke
- Nuke Accidents Civilian and Military 99 since 195...
- Videos, Moderated Prompt Criticality, real test by...
- Gundersen Email and Theories
- Conversions and Safety Limits
- Links Including Rad Maps
- Manifesto - Action Plan
- List of Reactors
- Pictures - High Quality
- Manifesto - Why Shut Them Down
- Renewable and Energy Efficiency
- Prepper/Survival Resources
- Uranium Aerosolized Into Atmosphere
- Chernobyl, How Real Men Fight a Nuke Diasaster
- Hormesis Is a Lie, Radiation that does not kill yo...
- Baseline is Just One Of The Lies